Shopping

My Bento Tools Arrived!

Received my bento tools from BP finally (after a long wait!). I ordered them in end August, it takes eight weeks for the items to arrive Singapore.

The Shinkansen bento box is super cool! It’s definitely my favorite among all. Long weekend is coming; it’s the best time to make my first bento for Edison. Hopefully I can publish the picture of my first bento in my blog next week.

Bento Tools from cake DIY

Bento Tools from Cake DIY

Bento Tools from Cake DIY + Daiso

All my bento tools – from Cake DIY as well as Daiso

Β

Sam
    October 15, 2009 at 11:04 PM

i’m so looking fwd to your 1st creation…. JIA YOU!!

mico
    October 16, 2009 at 8:52 AM

Emily,

So looking forward to your Bento making. I bought some gadgets from Daiso but till now no time to do it.. motivate me le.. heee

Cheers,

October 16, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Hi Ladies,
      Thanks for your encouragement. Honestly, I’m still clueless on how to start… Little Edison is a super fussy eater, I doubt he will eat my bento though..

Nonetheless, I’ll give it a try… as a start, I’ll get some ham, seaweed and cheese to start my very first bento.. πŸ™‚

mico
    October 20, 2009 at 1:37 PM

check out this website for some ideas.. http://motheringcorner.com/ she shares websites where she gets her gadget too.. mostly from Msia website, in RM somemore..

October 20, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Thanks for your recommendation. Yes, I’m a big fan of Shopping Mum and her bentos… She is really talented in bento-making… I haven’t even open my bento tools last weekend… I dunno what I’m doing, but three days passed so fast…. haiz..

Angeleyes
    March 5, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Looking forward to see your bento too!
    It is not that tough once you get the momentum… and you’re lucky to be in Singapore as you can shop in Daiso and Kai anytime you want for all your bento needs! πŸ™‚

I’ve stopped for almost 1 year as I was preggy and now I picked it up again since my boy is attending kindy now and I worried he is not getting enough food to fill his little tummy.

Hope you’ll get your engine started!

March 5, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Hi Angeleyes,
      Thanks for your encouragement. Every time I thought I want to make a bento, my mind goes blank. I just don’t know how to start. Hehe!
      This week, I make simple bread bento for my boy to bring to his kindy. He is now attending pre-nursery at a church kindergarten. Will try again this weekend. Hopefully, I can publish the first photo of my bento in this blog soon.

Btw, it’s not that easy to find bento tooks in Singapore too. Daiso doesn’t have much varieties – only the basic cutters, baran, picks etc. Can’t find any cartoon character cutters or nori puncher there. I never heard of Kai. Where is it located?

I bought my bento tools from online spree (CakeDIY in Hong Kong). Adding in the shipping charges, the bento tools are really not cheap at all. =)

Your blog is awesome. You and ShoppingMum are really experts in making bento. I’ve a lot to learn from both of you. πŸ™‚

Angeleyes
    March 12, 2010 at 9:27 AM

There are quite a few e-stores that you can buy from which are quite reasonably priced. Kai is in Chinatown Point (opposite Furama Hotel) according to my friend who goes there very often each time she visits SG. I used to stay in SG too so I knew a bit of the places there πŸ™‚

For e-stores:

Hope that helps you to kick start! πŸ™‚

March 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Hi Angeleyes,
      Thanks very much for sharing the information. πŸ™‚