Everyday Things

Troubled

I’m feeling troubled ever since I received that phone call three days ago. I know this day will come eventually, but I don’t expect it to come so soon. I try not to be emotional. As the saying goes, every meeting will end with parting. I just have to take it positively.

I can’t elaborate much today until this ‘issue’ is resolved next week. Sorry to keep you in suspense, I promise I’ll share with you once it is over.

I’m going to explode very soon but I can’t tell anyone about this. I’m feeling terribly guilty although it is not entirely my fault. There are so many decisions made that are beyond my control. Before I explode, I called my mother and we had a good half an hour chat through the phone.

The only person I can confide in is my dear mother. She understands what’s in my mind and she gives me valuable pointers on how to deal with it. She lifts my spirit instantly.

I need more strength. I hope these two weeks will be over very quickly. I look forward a peaceful and joyous Chinese New Year. T______T

Irene
    February 6, 2010 at 1:41 AM

Do take care!

February 7, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Hi Irene,
      Thanks for your concern. I’m feeling better and relieved now after making a final decision yesterday. 🙂

Godpa Kenneth
    February 6, 2010 at 7:54 AM

Hello Da Sao

From your blog, understand you’re feeling vexed and troubled.

In life, we are sometimes stranded in a cross road that requires us to make a decision.

We are feeling down because of this word called ‘uncertainty’.

Uncertainty is the fundamental of a problem. Once that uncertainty materialises, fear and troubles are gone.

Sometimes, hiccups and obstacles are there to make us stronger and resilient.

You are a woman of substance. I know you are !

February 7, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Hi Kenneth,
      Thanks for your assurance and support. This uncertainty factor is really driving me crazy, esp when it comes to decisions pertaining to the family and Little Edison. Sometimes, I wish I have the power to foresee what is going to happen in the next 6 months, but I know this is impossible.

Nonetheless, I think about my decision over and over again. I’ve finally reached a conclusion, which I think it’s the best for all parties. I’m glad a decision has been made and I will execute accordingly this week. Will share with you the details if we have a chance to meet for dinner this week.

Irene
    February 8, 2010 at 2:56 AM

Your post sounds so serious, so unlike your previous usual posts oozing with love and happiness. God bless you 🙂

Godpa Kenneth
    February 8, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Hi Da-Sao

I think by the time you read this posting, you would most likely only be able to use past tense to make reference to our subject.

I have been really busy with matters at work and have not been able to contribute my observations or give a share of my thoughts to you.

I have just heard from Mummy that your helper is leaving.

Yes, its Nitti.

I have seen people from all walks of life. Seldom, I am wrong in my judgement.

Nitti has been with the family for close to 2 years and have always been an obliging and most forthcoming domestic helper.

During her term of service, she has never taken a day of MC and always protrays the spirit of proactiveness in her work.

She is a fast learner and always ensures that the work alloted to her are completed, with minimal supervision.

When I heard news of her leaving, I was shocked.

There are many people that will cross the path in our life.

From the same paddyfield that harvest our rice grains, we can sometimes wonder why are there good and bad grains (since they are reciving the same sunshine and rainfall).

From the same pool of domestic helpers, we can at times come across helpers that protrays a good image of themselves to their employers but, switch a different congnative behaviour when they are alone.

Nitti is consistent.

I have observed and can vouch for her.

At this juncture, it’ll be too late by the time you read my posting as she’s already on her way to reunite with her much-missed family.

I know HE will eventually realise that he has arrived a wrong decision.

Hope Nitti will find bliss.. .

I know. She will.

February 11, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Hi Ken,
      Niti is crying at home now. Poor girl! I hope she can adapt to home very soon.

Godpa Kenneth
    February 11, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Hi Da Sao

Niti is an intelligent and capable girl.

If she was raised in Singapore, she would have been better accomplished.

The new maid, though slower and less proactive, is still marginally ok.

It looks like Niti has spoilt the market by setting a very high standard for the domestic helpers.