Travel | Places to Visit

Sentosa Siloso Beach

Siloso Beach is known as the place for beach volleyball and other outdoor activities such as canoeing, skim boarding, mountain biking or rollerblading. It’s also a favourite hang out place for the young and beautiful, I would say.

What I like about this beach is that it is so clean and and pleasant, with plenty of bars, restaurants and facilities nearby. The pace and volume usually pick up at sunset.

Little Edison wanted to make sandcastles so we brought him to Siloso beach last weekend. As we walked passed a casual Italian eatery, we saw a very nice children playground on the beach. Little Edison quickly ran to the playground with excitement.

Soon, we learnt that the playground belongs to the Italian eatery named Trapizza. It serves pizzas, pastas, snacks and desserts. What a perfect place! It will be dinner by the sands accompanied by the soothing breezy sea for me and V. We ordered the crispy thin-crust pizzas which are made upon order using a traditional wood-fired oven. They are so delicious!

This combination of pizza, bar and beach is a great weekend hang-out, away from the bustling city and crowd. We shall make our way back someday.

Godpa Kenneth
    January 6, 2011 at 3:25 AM

Little Edison looks exactly like a Big Boy now.

Albeit I do see my little godson every now and then, he looks like a Pri 1 boy in front of the megapixel machine.

Continue to bring him to his favourite places Da Sao. I believe children are able to learn more when they explore.

“my dear boy, look at how much you’ve grown.. .”

January 6, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Hi Ken,
      Most of the time, he decides where to go on weekends. His #1 favourite is The Polliwogs indoor playground. Sometimes, he wants to go to the beach, airport, Marina Square and Suntec. It’s amazing how he can remember the names of these shopping centers. He knows Compass Point and Nex too (grandpa always bring him there). 🙂

Huey Ling
    January 6, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Looks nice. I would like to George and Jayden there on day. Is the restaurant difficult to locate? I haven been to sentosa for yrs.

January 6, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Hi Ling,
      Yes, it’s a very nice place. Easy to locate actually. Just ten minutes walk from the bus stop (free shuttle bus). We parked our car at the carpark at Underwater World. I think that’s the nearest carpark.

nicole aka arisz
    January 11, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Nice place! Will check it out soon with my boys!

January 14, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Hi Nicole,
      Yes, bring your boys there. I’m sure they will have lots of fun. Little Edison has been bugging me to bring him there again. Will most likely be visiting Siloso beach again next weekend… if the weather permits 🙂

Blogging takes hours, commenting takes minutes. Thanks for comments & encouragement.