Home >> About Edison >> Sand Art

It was Saturday and V had to work. So, I brought Little Edison to the library at Compass Point together with my helper. After our reading session, we went down to Basement One for some kiddy rides.

We walked pass the children’s art and craft corner and Little Edison was showing some interest. I asked the lady if there is any art or craft suitable for a 3-year-old like him. She recommended the sand art to me.

So, we picked a picture to start. It’s actually quite easy but requires a lot of patience. All he needs to do is to peel off a die-cut piece of paper to expose the adhesive beneath, pour colored sand onto the adhesive until the artwork is completed.

I help him to peel off the die-cut piece of paper. He decides on the colors. It wasn’t too crowded that day, so he got a whole table and variety of colours to do the sand art all by himself.

It took us slightly more than half an hour to complete the art work. His concentration and interest really amazed me. And I really like that sense of satisfaction on his face after he completed his art work.

This is his first sand art! I proudly display it in my kitchen today.

Tags :

the author

8Comments

1. Stevie says:

Hello Kitty become Hello Ketty already? Hehehe anyway, well done Edison! He’s so creative!

• Emily says:

Hi Stevie,
      All the Hello Kitty there are called Hello Ketty wor… Maybe no copyright one… haha!

2. mico says:

i ever dropped by that stall, but i feel the lady there is trying hard to sell (tat time only another child doing, weekday) one sheet is $8 or something i told her how come so x, she said she will coach the child, im thinking im with my child, it’s such a cimple art, why do i need you to coach so i din go for it and the lady showing “unhappy” face. maybe they have commission if get to seel the piece. haa.. anyway, you can try to get the sand art from ntuc fairprice, barney or dora only $1 plus or $2 plus i cant remember now, i used to by few sheets for my girl to do at home, but make sure you do it at your corridoor or balcony on a table, wlse it’ll be messy.

• Emily says:

Only $2+ at NTUC? I paid $15! Haha! I find it okay cos she provides all the materials needed for the art. I don’t want to buy the materials for Edison to do at home, cos I’m sure he will mess up the whole living room. It’s better for him to do it there… 🙂 And also, he needs companion.. he can focus if there are other children seated in the same table..

And nice meeting you last night.. hope you enjoyed the movie!

3. mico says:

hey, u have maid to clean up right. hee. i ask my maid to clean up after we are done with the art. tt’s why i said do it outside the house better.

yes ! nice to meet you. i was so unsure when i saw u, but recognise Edison.. Is he the one who was crying when the show started i heard one boy crying saying “I want go home” am thinking dunno is Edison or not since u said he scared of the darkness.

Lucky thing my girl was ok but she refuse to wear the spec. so she basically watched the whole show in “blur”.. but she enjoyed it, till today she still tell me, times is up (the watch Milo was wearing), must quickly save mummy. and she cried when the martians abducted Milo’s mummy.. tears dripping on her cheeck… OMG.. i have to assure her Milo will save mummy..haa

• Emily says:

It’s quite tedious to clean because the colored sand is too fine. I still prefer to do it outside, haha! I’m a lazy mommy.

Oh yeah, he was the one crying. He is scared of the ET lookalike villian in that movie. I had to bring him out of the cinema (again) for a short walk to calm him. I managed to persuade my boy to wear the 3D glasses. I’m glad to hear that your girl enjoyed the show. She looked so ‘grown-up’ as compared to my boy who is still so ‘baby’… haha!

4. mico says:

Yesh, i noticed too, maybe it’s the gender thing? girl usually more matured than boy ? so, it started since young.. muahha.. my girl is few days younger than ur boy actually 🙂 and she is off pacifier ( you should try to wen him off his pacifier la) haa.. it may affect his teeth development/ speech ? im now trying to wean off the pacifier for my 1 yo .. he is very stuck with it.. i think will take longer to wean compare to my girl ! headache !

• Emily says:

Working on that actually… When we tease him “Big boy eat pacifier, shame shame!”, he will take it out… haha!