Everyday Things

Best Present Ever – A Motorized Bike!

The best present I ever bought for Little Edison is this.

Yup, you got it! It’s a children motorized bike.

We saw this bike at a toy sale at Millenia Walk. The price was slashed from $125.90 to $79.90. I told V that it’s a good buy and I must get it. And so we went home with that bike.

The hardworking Daddy spent an hour to assemble the bike, lubricate the wheels, clean the exterior of the car and charge the battery when Little Edison was asleep. The next morning when he wakes up, his eyes are beaming with excitement.

We brought the bike to our parents-in-law’s house. He spent the afternoon happily riding the bike around the neighbourhood.

No more tiresome walking. This bike is fast enough for his comfort and excitement level and it’s slow enough for my safety level.

Look at his grin!

Sin Yee
    June 21, 2011 at 8:30 AM

the bike looks super cool! how long does it take to charge ?

June 21, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Hi SY,
      According to the sales guy, we need to charge it for min 8 hours before the first use. We charged it overnight – about 10 hours. He was playing with it for hours yesterday, and surprisingly, the battery is not flat yet.

Anyway, this is a made-in-china toy. I don’t think the battery can last very long. Let’s see.

June 21, 2011 at 1:17 PM

Which shop did u buy it from? So cute! Do you have a recommendation for a tricycle? Thanks!

June 21, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Hi Irene,
      I bought it at the toy sale at Millenia Walk 1st floor atrium. The shop’s name is Kidz Story, if I’m not wrong. There is only 1 toy shop at 1st floor.

Little Edison has 2 tricycles. One is from Little Tikes, which is still quite big for him. I bought another one from Carrefour. But he doesn’t like cycling though, that’s why we got him this motorized bike. All he needs to do is to step on the pedal to move and release the pedal to stop.

Corsage @ A Dollop Of Me
    June 22, 2011 at 12:10 AM

What a fun toy! I would love this (even now!) hehe =) I see these type of toy vehicles being rented at some places and didn’t realise you can actually buy one!

June 22, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Hi Corsage,
      Really nice to see you here. Yes, the motorized cars or bikes are available for rent but I find that rental is quite expensive. Cars are quite bulky but bikes are just nice. They have very cute pink scooters too, in case you want to get one for Bubbles. 🙂

June 22, 2011 at 11:00 PM

I must say, $79.90 is an absolute steal!

I would get it except that I’m totally out of space to store it and I can just see him driving it around at home, mowing down everything in sight. Not sure if I’m mentally prepared for that…

June 23, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Hi Daphne,
      Oh, I won’t allow him to drive in the house. He will scratch the marble flooring, knock on the furnitures and damage our house. I can’t imagine that! I sent the bike to my PIL’s house, he can ride at the compound of the house and on the back lane where there are no cars.

John Lee
    July 1, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Wow ! what an interesting blog.Thanks for sharing this information.Your information is really informative for us.
    Nice blog on motorized bikes for sale.
    Keep sharing more & more…..

• Blogging takes hours, commenting takes minutes. Thanks for comments & encouragement.