Shopping

Unveil the Surprise!

This draft post has been saved in my blog since almost a month ago. I meant to complete and post it during the Chinese New Year but I was so tied-up. Time slips away like sand, and we’re now into the mid of February. Hope that I can complete this post tonight.

First of all, does the title “Unveil the Surprise” ring a bell to you? Some of you might have heard it before. It’s from Reebonz – a members-only shopping site where genuine clothing, lingerie, bags, wallets, shoes, watches, and accessories from luxury labels such as Prada, Gucci, Chanel, Givenchy, Miu Miu, Marc Jacobs, Hansel, and more are sold at amazing discounts.

I registered as a member few months ago, and I constantly receive e-mail updates on their sales and events. However, every time I log-in to their website, the items that I’m keen to buy are always sold-out. Gradually, I learnt that I must react fast on the first day the event starts (usually at 12noon) in order to catch the good deals.

On Friday 20-Jan-12, the sales event of this particular brand started. So, I rushed to my desk after lunch and log-in to Reebonz website immediately.

I wanted this bag for a very long time, and I was extremely delighted to find it at Reebonz. Without hesitation, I dished out my credit card, punched in the numbers and submitted my order.

Much to my surprise, the bag was delivered to me by courier the very next day. I was completely speechless – can’t believe how amazingly fast and efficient Reebonz is.

It came in a beautiful black box with a gold ribbon on it.

The Husband quipped, “Wow! Another Prada!” He still remembers that my Prada bag from US came in the same black box!

And I quickly replied, “No, this one is just one third of a Prada – not expensive one”. That is to prevent him from nagging!

Here are some pictures to share:

The black box with a gold ribbon and sealed with plastic

Our boy was excited, he can’t wait to open the box for me!

Black inner wrapper with “Reebonz” label

First clue revealed – it’s a Burberry dust bag!

I love the signature checks!

Tadaa! This is the bag! Came with red packets because of CNY…

This is a Burberry Small Nova Check Tote Bag, a bag that I’ve admired for a long time. Truth is, I always have a soft spot for Burberry signature checks. This is my second bag; V bought me the first one during our honeymoon in Japan.

I’m so in love with this bag now. It’s $120 cheaper than retail price (15% discount). Good deal? I think so. Will definitely shop at Reebonz again!

micollh
    February 13, 2012 at 1:34 PM

i wanted to ask you about this site reebonz on branded bags.. but keep forgetting and tada.. u have posted on this.. GREAT ! safe to buy hor..authentic hor…now delivery is free !! is it cheaper than the hawaii one for prada ? i checked like more x ??

February 14, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Yes, it’s 100% authentic. They are having the Prada sales this week. I saw the Tessuto Gauffre (Nylon) at the price range of $1700-$1900.. I’m not sure about the price at Hawaii now. I read from Joanna twice about their price increase. The shipping cost also increased. So, I think buying from Reebonz is about the same as Hawaii now. Maybe you can e-mail Joanna to check the price with her. Do you have her e-mail?

micollh
    February 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM

now first time buyer got $50 discount hee

February 17, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Wow, that’s good. I’ve been eyeing for a Gucci tote lately, but I haven’t seen it in Reebonz yet. Hopefully, they will have it soon. 🙂

lacy
    February 15, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Hi Emily, i am slient reader of your blog. Thanks for writing such wonderful, informative posts. Very useful for mothers like us. Today i wanted to say a big thank you to you for writing about REEBONZ. i have been looking everywhere to get a good handbag here in SG. I am not crazy behind branded bags though i have a couple of such bags. Now all i wanted was a practical bag which is not way too expensive as most of the time i carry a lot of stuff when i travel with my dd and something durable too. And i found just the correct one at REEBONZ. I love Tote bags… I bought a bag from NINE WEST and i love it. Reasonable, stylish, and durable. Thanks you so much for recommending.

February 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Hi Lacy,
      Thanks for your words of support. I really appreciate it, and your comment really make my day! Have you received your bag from Reebonz? Mine was super fast, it was delivered the next day after I sent my order.

Lacy
    February 22, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Hi Emily, yes I received the bag but it was too big than what I expected it to be.I called them and asked for exchange, they readily agreed and sent the courier agent home the very next day to pick it up from my home. Since I couldn’t find any other bag within my budget I asked them to refund my money back. They said they will give it to me as points but i was not very much ok with that plan as I don’t know when I will be able to fulfill the purchase. Since it was my first time buying from them they agreed to refund. Their service is excellent and very trustworthy. I find their price still expensive though they have good collections. I already bought 2 branded bags and burnt my pockets!!! so I was determined not to buy another exp one this time. Wish it worked for me at reebonz!

February 27, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Hi Lacy,
      Wow, I was surprised to hear that they provide refund in cash. I thought they will only refund in points for next purchase. That’s great!

huini
    May 17, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Hi! i chanced upon your blog. will like to check, does the bag come with authentic cards? cause i didnt see any inside my bag.. i bought burberry bag from reebonz just recently!

Thanks!

May 17, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Hi Huini,
      No, I don’t think there is any authenticity card.