Bartley Residences Interior Design – Master, Common and Study Room

Key collection sign board has been put up at the entrance

The latest piece of news that has been shared in our BR Residence Facebook Group is that the TOP letters have been sent from the developer to our lawyers this week. This means the key collection should start in 2-3 weeks time by batches. Ours is the second batch, so my estimate will be early – mid September, and we’ll make the collection after the Chinese 7th Month.

In my last post, I shared the 3D drawings of our living hall and foyer. Today, I’ll share the design of our three bedrooms.

Firstly – our master bedroom. Originally, we wanted a king-sized bedframe so that our 8 years-old “baby” can sleep with us (if he wants to). Of course, he’s more excited to sleep in his own room now than bunking with us. But still, having his sweet little nose cuddled into my chest or his smelly little feet poking at my face while sleeping is a wonderful memory that I’ll always cherish.

BR Master Room

Nonetheless, due to space constraint in our master bedroom, we’ve to downgrade to a queen-sized bedframe. Else, there will be no space for dressing table. Our designer proposed this design for us, keeping in mind that we wanted something simple, cozy and comfortable.

The queen-sized bedframe comes with storage, bed-head with lightning, two side tables and a dressing table. This design is like love-at-first-sight to us, we accepted it without any alteration.

Coming up next is Bedroom 2 – which is Edison’s bedroom. We wanted an “age-proof” design that maximizes the space in his room. This is the original design proposed by our designer. It’s simple but fits perfectly with the room’s lay-out. However, our boy doesn’t seem to like it – I guess the design is too “matured” for him.

BR Bedroom 2

He wanted a bunk bed, but we told him it’s not practical since he has no siblings to share the bed. Then, we proposed a platform bed and he thinks that it looks kinda cool too. We decided to put a super-single bed for him so he can sleep comfortably (I can bunk with him occasionally too!).

By now, you should already know that I’m a crazy mom who likes co-sleeping. Haha! Here’s the final design of his room with a platform bed.

BR Bedroom 2 (A)Picture (A)
BR Bedroom 2 (B)Picture (B) – after some revisions that we requested

Lastly – our Bedroom 3 which we will be using as our study room. Picture (A) is the original design and Picture (B) is the amended version as V wanted the top-hung cabinets on both sides to look the same.

BR Study RoomPicture (A)
BR Study Room (A)Picture (B)

I squealed with delight knowing that we will have our own personal workspace soon (Yay to no more sharing!)

So far, we’re quite happy with the design and concept that our designer has worked out for us. It’s also a fun partnership with him. We’ll meet him again when we get our keys for the actual site measurement and defect checking. Till then, I will update on this space again.  🙂

August 14, 2015 at 5:09 PM

One comment about your study room tables. We went with full-on wall-hung cabinets and also suspended tables too, and the configuration and general look is almost identical to yours. Initially, we asked for supporting beams for the suspended tables, but our ID assured us that it’ll not be necessary. 17 months later now though we’re not so sure again still, as the weight of ‘normal’ items (e.g. LCD monitor, couple of books, keyboard, stationery) is sufficient for tiny gaps to appear between where the edge of the table connects to the wall.

No – the tables aren’t gonna collapse anytime soon, but it can be a little unsettling. Do consider if you want the ID to put in support beams. It’s possible for small metallic brackets to be installed, and discretely hidden, to provide additional support.

August 16, 2015 at 4:41 PM

Dear CY,
      Thank you so much for your valuable information. We haven’t grill into those details yet, but I’m sure we need to look at the weight of the bulky items that we will be putting on the table. Our ID did mention briefly about the additional support beams for the tables in our study room and my son’s room. Now, we need to emphasize on that.

I can imagine the uneasiness seeing the tiny gaps between the edge of the table connect to the wall. Thanks for pointing that out. =) As for the fan, we haven’t decide yet whether to install ceiling fan or not. I’ll also check with our ID on the clearance between the cabinet door and ceiling fan.

Jason Tay
        December 25, 2015 at 11:45 PM

Hi Emily, it is awesome to read your post on your home renovation. My name is Jason Tay and I am also a new resident in BR.
        I’d like to find out from you, how are you planning to hang dry the clothing after washed?

Thanks for advice.

December 26, 2015 at 8:33 PM

Hi Jason,
          Nice to e-meet you here. 🙂 I intend to install retractable laundry drying system in the yard area for hanging clothing. Are you in Bartley Residences Community FB Group? If not, I’d like to invite you to join us here.

Pls send your request in, and I will add you. Thanks! 🙂

• Jason Tay
            December 26, 2015 at 9:53 PM

Hi Emily, thanks for the info. My contractor warned me that the ceiling at the yard area is a false ceiling & not advisable to install any hanger for cloth due to the weight of our wet clothing that may collapse the false ceiling. It also blocked the opening door of our store( bomb shelter), what do you think?
            Thanks for the invitation, I will join now.

• Emily
            December 27, 2015 at 8:33 AM

Hi Jason,
            Thank you so much for sharing this important info to me. I didn’t know that it was false ceiling! Luckily, you told me. I will ask my ID to check and give me some suggestions. Thanks again.

August 14, 2015 at 5:19 PM

Checking too; if you at any point want to put ceiling fans into the room (seeing that standing fans will mean even less space in the middle). The wall hung cabinets reach all the way up to the ceiling, which will significantly limit the size of the fan, if any such can be installed at all now looking at the clearance necessary for the cabinet doors to swing open.

Jessie Pang
    August 19, 2015 at 3:26 PM

Love your new house design! 🙂 Especially the master bedroom! However i notice that the windows are not full height, i recall it were full heights for all windows? No?

August 19, 2015 at 3:40 PM

Hi Jessie,
      Thanks for pointing that out. I’m not really sure about the windows (can’t remember since the last time I saw the showroom was almost 3 years ago!). Haha! Anyway, the picture is just the designer’s drawing. Not the actual one. He will amend it after the actual site measurement when we get out keys. 🙂

Jessie Pang
        August 20, 2015 at 2:18 PM

🙂 I’m pretty sure it’s full height if you look at the units from outside. Unless not all the units comes with full height windows. I’m excited for you and I’m on a lookout for ID now too after reading yours. Cheers!

November 9, 2015 at 7:03 AM

Hi Emily..can I know your ID company..I quite like their design. And how much cost for all…so I can know maybe my budget is enough. Thanks so much

November 9, 2015 at 1:35 PM

Hi Connie,
      I’ve sent the details to you via email. Pls check your mailbox, thanks.

December 17, 2015 at 9:09 PM

Can I know your ID company and ID too?
    Do you mind sharing the quotation as well? I like the design and your house is really looking great.
    Looking forward for more postings. 🙂

December 20, 2015 at 9:43 AM

Hi Jasmine,
      Thank you! I will send the details to you via email.

April 30, 2016 at 9:12 PM

Hi Emily, I’m interested to know the cost and ID of your house. It looks great!

May 2, 2016 at 3:49 PM

Hi Min,
      My reno cost is about $30-$35K (excluding electrical works and furnitures).