Bartley Residences Key Collection

And so, the post title says it all – Bartley Residences Key Collection! We’ve collected the keys to our new home on 15 Sep 2015. The keys were actually ready for collection since early September, but we had to delay it for 2 weeks until the Chinese 7th Month is over – yes, it’s the Chinese superstitious thing!

Our block is the third phase of the key distribution process which has started since early August. Each phase is staggered by 2 to 3 weeks, and the last block is expected to collect their keys in Nov.

At first impression, our new home is really quite small – especially the living and dining hall. Our current home is 1,313 sq ft and it has a spacious L shaped living and dining hall. Our new home, however, is smaller at 1,098 sq ft. The difference of 200+ sq ft is mainly seen at the living and dining hall. It’s a rectangle shape, and the size is about my current living hall only. Looks like we’ve to downsize our sofa, dining table as well as TV.

But the good news is – the main balcony is more spacious than I’ve expected. It’s windy and has a nice pool view too. And that stopped me from sulking over my smaller home. Anyway, all the new private homes are shrinking in size. There is no choice unless we buy a resale property.

We choose Bartley Residences because of its location. So looking at its convenience – walking distance to our boy’s school and PIL’s house, 5 mins drive to my office, and MRT station just across the road, that brings endless joy to me. Now, let us bask in the joy of being a new homeowner again!

We swung by our new place to have a more detailed look at its facilities and surroundings. Here are some pictures to walk you through our new place. I didn’t have a chance to take pictures of all the facilities because of the haze (as you can already see in this picture).

Lap Pool

Bedroom 2
Dining Hall
Kitchen Cabinet
Common Toilet
Master Room Built-in Wardrobe
Master Bedroom
BalconyEdison loving the balcony!
One of the defects spotted by our professional defect finder (will share more in my next post)

September 27, 2015 at 5:22 PM

Congrats on getting the keys to your new home!

September 28, 2015 at 8:10 AM

Thank you, CY! 🙂

Grace Tan
    September 30, 2015 at 5:24 PM

Congrat, Emily! A nice & cosy place u have. Look forward for your lovely picture of your new house. Cheers, Grace Tan

October 1, 2015 at 4:25 PM

Dear Grace,
      Thanks! 🙂 A new and exciting journey ahead of us, will be super busy for the next 2 months for defect rectification, furniture hunting and renovation works. Hope everything is well over at your new place too.

October 7, 2015 at 5:08 PM

Dear Emily

Thanks for sharing with us, I’ve been following through your block since last year. I’ve bought a 3+1 unit at Bartley Residences and currently still waiting for the notice of TOP stage payment.(Mine is in Blk 45, should be the every last phase of the development) Since you are ahead of many of us, may I know, for renovation,if we can hack down some non-structural walls of the house? Will it affect the status of our 1 year CSC/warranty? Anticipating your response. THANK YOU!

October 7, 2015 at 5:30 PM

Dear JIEL,
      Thanks for visiting my blog. I don’t intend to hack any walls though. However, during key collection, you’ll be given the floor plan with detailed structural walls. You can ask the person-in-charge of your key collection on your enquiries. All the best to your new home renovation journey. 🙂

September 18, 2016 at 12:44 PM

Hi Emily

We are eagerly waiting for our notification for key collection for Bartley ridge. Top supposedly early October. Would you know in what way will we be notified (email/call/post) and by who? We have been shifting from one rental units to another since we bought this so we are concerned if it’s letter it might not be the right address.

Also our current rental ends 27 Oct. We are still hopeful that we can move in by 28 Oct. Am I naive to think that we can collect key once we received notification? I have informed the developer to include us in the first phase collection.

Can you recall when did you receive your notification and which date was earliest you are able to get key?

The whole thing about timing is stressing me up sorry for so many questions. Appreciate your advise.

September 20, 2016 at 5:04 PM

Dear Elaine,
      When I received the key collection letter from the developer, the collection date was a week later. So, the waiting time here is quite short. They usually dispense keys in batches according to their blocks, so I’m not sure which block you are in. I was from Blk 3, so the third batch. There was a 2 weeks gap between each batch at that time. If you want to get your keys ahead of others, you must call them regularly and push it through.

In my opinion, your schedule seems quite rush. Chances of delay from the developer is quite high. Furthermore, you also need to factor in the time for defect rectification (1 month will be good). Thus, I’d advise you to delay your rental for one more month to give yourself some buffer. Hope this helps. And all the best to your key collection and new home. 🙂