Home & Decor

Happy Breezy Days with Acorn Ceiling Fans

We’ve been staying at our new home for one month already. How time flies! ^___^

So, how’s our overall stay at our new home? Truth be told, I took a bit of time to get used to a smaller space. Initially, I felt a little confined but as soon as I’ve adapted to it, I began to rejoice at how easy it is to clean this house.

I like that it’s quite breezy, my balconies are windy especially at night. Sometimes, I sleep with the balcony door opened because I love natural wind and fresh air. Best of all, we get to sleep half an hour more in the morning as the school is just 10 minutes’ walk away. And I took just 8 minutes to reach my office. =)

Today, I’m going to share with you one of the things I like BEST in my new home – that’s my Acorn ceiling fans. One of my best purchases for this home, and I love them to bits! 🙂

Living Hall with Futuriste 309
Acorn Ceiling FanPicture Credit: Acorn Brochure

Okay, let’s start from the living hall. This unique two-blade designer ceiling fan, Futuriste, is like love-at-first-sight to me the moment I saw it on Acorn ceiling fan brochure. Unfortunately, the electrical shop that we went to does not have a display model of Futuriste, but the shop owner gladly showed us another model from Acorn which is the Ventilateur.

The display fan was installed in his store room, and according to him, he purposely installed the fan in the poorly ventilated store room so that customers can feel the efficiency of the fan. True enough, the fan is powerful yet quiet, producing airflow and circulation that is second to none. I was so impressed.

Acorn Futuriste 309

Based on the size of our living hall, our electrician also recommended Acorn Futuriste 309 56″ LED RGB twin-blade ceiling fan. It comes in 3 fashionable colours – white, black and titanium. We chose the white which is a neutral colour that matches any theme, design and furnishing. Its modernistic design works beautifully in my home.

Acorn Futuriste 309

Acorn Futuriste 309

Acorn Futuriste Remote Control

Futuriste 309 comes with innovative LED lightkits and a smart touch-screen remote control. There are 3 speeds to choose from (high/medium/low), 2 LED light colours (warm white/cool white) and timer (1/3/6 hours). The remote-control comes with a wall mount holder too. It’s suitable for large room and living hall.

Acorn Futuriste 309

I like Futuriste 309 so much and I highly recommend it. The downwash of the airflow is excellent, absolutely quiet and stable when switching from low to high speed (70-160 RPM). Blade angles are bent to an angle that guarantees strong wind delivery.

Most of the time, I switch it on low mode. When I switch it on medium mode, I can feel the wind in my balcony and foyer. Its absolute quietness and perfect air circulation give me a natural and comfortable living area.

Master Bedroom with Futuriste 308

Acorn Futuriste 308

We picked another Futuriste model for our master bedroom. It’s the Futuriste 308 50″ LED RGB Ceiling Fan. We like the unique and eye-catching design of this fan, especially the blades that are elegantly contoured around its motor unit to bring out the best in terms of appearance and performance.

Acorn Futuriste 308

It produces a powerful airflow and very quiet, making it suitable for bedroom. Futuriste 308 is available in four colours – white, black, titanium and wood (limited edition). The touch-screen remote control is the same as Futuriste 309 model.

Acorn Ceiling Fan

Bedroom 2 (Edison’s Room) and Bedroom 3 (Study Room) with Ventilateur 238

This is the model that we saw at the electrical shop. It comes with 2 options (with and without lightkits) and 2 sizes (42” and 52”). Based on our room sizes, 42” fits perfectly. There are four colour selections – white, gold, silver and black. We picked the silver for Edison’s room and the white for our study room.

Acorn Ventilateur 238

Acorn Ventilateur 238

We want the Ventilateur 238 42” ceiling fan with lightkit. Both rooms rely on the LED light on the ceiling fan as the main light as we didn’t install additional lightings. Much to my surprise, the lighting is bright enough. Even at night when I’m working in my study room, the room is bright with plenty of airflow.

Acorn Ventilateur Remote Control

The touch-screen remote control also comes with a wall mount holder. It’s small and look extremely lovely. There are 3 speeds to choose from (high/medium/low), 2 LED light colours (warm white/ white) and timer (1/2/4/8 hours). This model is suitable for bedroom, living hall as well as balcony.

Acorn Ventilateur 238Acorn Ventilateur 238 in Silver
Acorn Ventilateur 238Acorn Ventilateur 238 in White

All in all, we’re very satisfied with the performance of Acorn Futuriste 309, Futuriste 308 and Ventilateur 238 ceiling fans. They are engineered to deliver good aerodynamics quality to give us a natural and comfortable living environment. Reasonably-priced with outstanding quality, the design of the fan oozes style and class with every curve and contour that appeals to both the young and young at heart.

With Acorn, we enjoy happy and breezy days!

💡 Pin Up, Read Later!

Acorn Ceiling Fans Review

Wendy Lee
    March 12, 2016 at 11:39 PM

I think I definitely like the look of the 3-bladed ones the best. The ones with 2 blades sort of look like airplane propellers! Which I guess if you love airplanes, that would be a plus for you, haha.

March 13, 2016 at 11:48 PM

Hi Wendy,
      The twin-blade looks unique to me. One more thing is that lesser blade means lesser cleaning too. Haha!

Rebekah
    March 20, 2016 at 12:16 AM

It was a great review on the acorn ceiling fans. I have just ordered the 3 blades 238 model. I am still contemplating on taking the LED or energy saving bulbs.
    The nice shop lady explained to me that the difference for LED lights are long lasting & with 1 year warranty, but if broken, agent will have to change & it costs more than $100 dollars.
    Normal bulbs can change by myself.
    Any advice on the bulbs.

March 20, 2016 at 3:15 PM

Dear Rebekah,
      Thanks for sharing this with me. Actually, I didn’t ask the shop about the LED light replacement. I assume if there’s anything spoil after the 1 year warranty period, I will have to pay them for the repair. The shop assured me that LED lights are long-lasting and unlikely to spoil easily. I will call them again to check.

Cindy Lee
    April 15, 2016 at 12:59 PM

Love your 3 blades 308 model (white). I was so worried after purchasing it to be installed in my master bedroom due to its 52 inches length. Based on your picture it will definitely fit nicely in my master bedroom. Thanks for sharing.

CINDY LEE

April 16, 2016 at 9:18 AM

Dear Cindy,
      You can ask your electrician to do a measurement first and see what’s the clearance between the edge of the blades to the wall. But I believe it should be okay because this model is also suitable for bedroom. I really like the 308 model. 🙂

Velkera Lim
    April 23, 2016 at 10:59 AM

I like your sharing blog. It’s easy to read with warm details.

Can I check with you is the wind speed for the fan model ventilateur 238 good? Is the futuriste 309 better in wind speed or the 238? I like both looks but want to get one that has high power because I like high speed cooling.

And one more question: do you find the white color fans easily get dirty compared to dark color one? Will u find the dark color fan make the room height looks lower?

Velera

April 24, 2016 at 11:47 AM

Hi Velera,
      Thanks for your compliment, I’m glad you enjoyed reading it. 🙂
      For the wind speed, I find that 309 is better. Futuriste is a high-end model, so the performance is better too. However, it also depends on the room size. For my son’s room, a 309 is too big. So, I opted for 238. Personally, I find that 238 is good enough for smaller common room. For warmer days like this month, I switched to medium mode and it’s already very windy and cooling. For colder days, I only switch to low mode. Also very important is the clearance between the edge of the fan blade to the wall. I know that it must have a certain clearance for good air flow. You can consult your electrician, I’m sure he can give you better advice.
      For the colour, actually I prefer white. LOL. Of course, white tends to get dirty easily but it makes the room so much brighter. My husband cleans them once a month, so it’s still manageable now. 🙂

Dawn Limg
    April 25, 2016 at 4:52 PM

Where did u buy your acorn fans from and how much are they?

April 25, 2016 at 5:14 PM

Hi Dawn,
      The 56″ in my living hall is ~$680 and the 52″ in my MBR is ~$620. The two smaller 42″ fans cost ~$400. I purchased them from Luminor Lighting (the same shop where I purchased all my lightings). Just a note that they may not be the cheapest in town. You can purchase Acorn ceiling fans from their authorized resellers listed here: http://acornceilingfan.com/authorized-re-seller.

Hope this helps.

Dawn Limg
        April 26, 2016 at 9:27 AM

Thanks so much for sharing.

Jinlin
    August 1, 2016 at 1:16 PM

May I check roughly what is the size of your room? Is it bright enough w juz the light from the fan? And do you have shadow issues? Thanks.

August 2, 2016 at 4:51 PM

Hi Jinlin,
      The size of my master bedroom is approx 16m x 22m. I have cove lighting on top of the LED light from the fan. Most of the time, I only use the LED light from my ceiling fan. It’s bright enough for me when I watch K-drama in my room. There is no shadow issues.

Angie Tan
    October 4, 2016 at 12:44 PM

Hi

Thanks for sharing. I am thinking of having a ceiling fan with lights in my study but have been advised against it as ceiling fans with light do have a tendency to flicker, hence not so good for the study. What is your feedback on the acorn and would you recommend it in the study?

October 7, 2016 at 8:59 AM

Hi Angie,
      Sorry for my late reply. I’m using Acorn ceiling fan for my study room too and the only lighting in the room is from the fan. Initially, I was worried about the shadow flickering on the wall too. But luckily, it wasn’t that bad. The shadow of the fan blades appeared near the ceiling, so it’s not visible at our eye level. It also doesn’t cause any distraction / discomfort when we’re in the study room at night. So, we’re all good with the fan now. If you want, I can take a short video of it at night and send it to you. Drop me an email if you want it. 🙂

Skye
    October 29, 2016 at 9:07 PM

Hi Emily. Glad to have read your reviews and kindly advise if this is a sponsored post. Thanks.

October 29, 2016 at 9:31 PM

Hi Skye,
      No, this is not a sponsored post. All my sponsored posts have a disclosure notice at the bottom of the posts.