Home & Decor

Bartley Residences: Home Tour

We’ve moved into our new home for two months now, and it’s about time I get down to do a home tour post before laziness creeps in. 🙂

Truth be told, the first month I moved in, I was obsessed with cleaning. Gradually, the “new house syndrome” subsided, we’ve settled in comfortably and no longer obsessed with cleaning. Even though we’re not as fascinated as before, we’re still very much in love with the simplicity and clean design of our home.

As I’ve shared in my previous post, we’ve chosen neutral colours that include white, grey, beige and brown (wood) as we’re going for an overall soft and cosy look.

This is our living hall.

Living Hall 1

The Lamitak pearl and wood laminate provides a beautiful centrepiece for our home entertainment. We bought a Samsung 50″ SUHD 4K Flat Smart TV with 320 W 4.1 Ch Soundbar. Read my post on furniture and electrical appliances HERE.

For our curtain, we opted for Unislat – a new type of curtain from Korea. It’s very difficult to take a proper picture of our Unislat due to the light (as the material is very sheer). You can check out Picket & Rail website for more pictures on Unislat.

Unislat is like a vertical curtain. You can flip it so that you can see through or completely block-out for privacy. I like the fabric as it’s very light, soft and washable. I don’t need to bring it down for washing, just vacuum and clean with damp cloth. So, it’s easy on the maintenance part too. And because it’s sheer, our living hall is bright with ample sunlight.

Our ceiling fan is from Acorn. This model is Futuriste 309 56″ LED RGB twin-blade ceiling fan. I love it because: 1) it’s white, 2) modernistic design, 3) absolutely quiet, and 4) provides great air circulation for a natural and comfortable feeling. You can read my review HERE.

Living Hall 3

Our leather sofa is from Lorenzo – one of my favourite furniture brands. Our living hall is small, we had a hard time searching for an L-shape sofa that is below 2.3m in length. Most L-shaped sofa in the market is above 2.4m which is obviously too long for our hall.

This 3-seater sofa is like a dream-come-true to me. It’s not exactly L-shaped, but all the 3 seats can be extended to form an L. The foot rest can be pushed inside when not in use to save space.

Nonetheless, many guests commented that our sofa is too big. I guess this is the bare minimum for the three of us to sit comfortably. If I buy a two-seater, I may end up sitting on the floor!

This is our main balcony.

Living Hall 2

We opted for wood-plastic composites (commonly known as WPCs) and artificial turf. You can read my previous posts for detailed information on my balcony decking: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3.

I grow orchids on my planter boxes.

Planter Boxes

This is our dining hall.

Dining Table

Our dining table, bench and chairs are from Cellini. The dining table has a quartz top, making it resistant to stains and scratches – the main reason why V loves it. I’d prefer a smaller glass top dining table with chrome-plated legs, and the price is half of the price of quartz top.

At the end, we chose the quartz top because it’s easy to maintain and more durable.

This is my kitchen.

We didn’t do any renovation in our kitchen. All the cabinets and furnishings are provided by the developer, including the fridge, convention oven, cooker hood, washer and dryer. I love the tall pull-out pantry which is truly a lifesaver for storing food in a small kitchen.

Kitchen Cabinet

A stacked washer and dryer unit within cabinet in the kitchen is absolutely lovely too!

Washer Dryer

This is our master bedroom.

Master Bedroom 1

For all our bedrooms, we chose WinUs – Korea’s No.1 Roller Combi Blind Brand. Actually, there are many similar combi blinds in the market (commonly known as rainbow blind). We decided to invest a little bit more for the original WinUs Korean Combi Blind simply because we love their designs and quality. We’re going completely “curtain-less” because we don’t have time to wash them. Combi blind is easy to maintain, just vacuum or clean with a damp cloth.

Master Bedroom 3Built-in wardrobe from the developer

Please ignore my dry cabinet on the bedside table. I couldn’t find a better place that is away from sunlight and has a power point. #nospace

Master Toilet 2Master bedroom toilet
Master BalconyMaster bedroom balcony (mainly used for hanging laundry now)

This is Edison’s bedroom.  😉

Edison's Room 2

Unlike my room, Edison’s bedroom is more colourful. Thanks to his Mickey Mouse bedsheet! We made a platform bed with drawers and cove lighting, and also a top hung cabinet for him. The drawers are now full of his toys and books. His transformer toys are neatly arranged on the cabinet, still have some empty spaces on top for future use.

Edison's Room 4

Edison's Room 5

This is our study room (bedroom 3).  😛

Study room

And lastly, the bomb shelter has been transformed into a fully functional store room!

Bomb Shelter

Phew, that’s it! I took quite a long time to write this post and take so many pictures (some of them are taken since CNY). So, I hope you enjoyed my home tour! 🙂

All the wide angle interior shots are taken with my Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 9-18mm f4.0-5.6 lens

Annie Goh
    April 9, 2016 at 10:34 AM

Very nice! Well done Emily!!

April 12, 2016 at 4:57 PM

Thanks, Annie! 🙂

April 10, 2016 at 8:22 PM

Where did you did get the table and chairs in the balcony? What is their material?

April 12, 2016 at 4:54 PM

Hi Khim,
      I bought the outdoor dining table and chairs from Bench&Board (at Marina Square). It’s made of wood and stainless steel. Suitable for outdoor use.

April 11, 2016 at 10:17 AM

Nice, can I check how much you spent on the shelf rack in the store room ? Was it done by your contractor too ?

April 12, 2016 at 4:53 PM

Hi Mack,
      The metal shelf costs $360. It’s done by another contractor (not by my ID). I happened to see their advertisement in my letterbox, and thus called them for quote. I find that they are quite good.

April 12, 2016 at 3:10 PM

very nice and bright!! =)

Just wondering how does do you hang out your clothes to dry?

April 12, 2016 at 4:52 PM

Dear Karen,
      Thanks. I hang my clothes using a laundry rack (foldable type) in my master room balcony. For bulky laundry, I usually use the dryer.

April 12, 2016 at 5:40 PM

Congrats on the new place again!

April 16, 2016 at 9:23 AM

Hi CY,
      Thanks. It has been a long journey and finally I’m there at the finishing line! 🙂

April 12, 2016 at 10:49 PM

Nice and cosy house.

How much did you pay for the dining table from Cellini?

April 16, 2016 at 9:22 AM

Hi ST,
      Thanks! The dining table set costs $2180. The set also comes with a bench and two chairs.

April 14, 2016 at 10:39 PM

Thanks for the home tour! Can I know where you got your coffee table from? Thanks!

April 16, 2016 at 9:19 AM

Hi SL,
      You are welcome. The coffee table in my living hall is from Star Living. The other coffee table at the balcony is from Bench&Board.

kalpana Ramnarayanan
    May 10, 2016 at 10:04 AM

Hi emily,
    Thanks for the home tour. How do you find the Unislat curtain?, is it good? i am renovating my home and planning to go curtainless . Can I know how much did the curtain cost?. Did you buy from Picket and Rail

May 10, 2016 at 10:21 PM

Hi Kalpana,
      I really like Unislat for its easy maintenance. I’m too lazy to wash the curtains. The cost of the Unislat in my living hall is around $2000 – $2500. I can’t remember the exact amount. I bought them from Bench&Board, the shop is in Marina Square Level 3. Their price is slightly lower than what Picket & Rail quoted me, they are the same Unislat from WinUS Korea.

May 13, 2016 at 10:23 PM

Hi Emily, thanks for sharing your house tour. Can u share too whether there is a huge gap between the wooden decking and the grass turf? Will a small child trip and fall upon treading on the decking?

May 15, 2016 at 8:23 AM

Hi Elyna,
      There is a slight height difference between the wooden decking and grass turf (close to 1cm). For older children, I don’t think they will trip and fall. For my son, he has never tripped. But for younger children below 1.5 years old, they might. Perhaps you can request your contractor to make them level if you have young children.

June 30, 2016 at 1:26 PM

Hello! May i know how much is the Unislat blinds?

June 30, 2016 at 10:40 PM

Hi Joyce,
      The cost is approx $2,000 for my living hall.

August 28, 2016 at 12:25 PM

Hi Emily, you have a lovely & cosy house indeed!! All the efforts and patience put in are well worth after all. I like your new home very much. Do you think the amount you spent on renovation is a reasonable sum by your ID (I am considering using them!). Do you have a rough breakdown how much you spent on renovation for your living room?

August 29, 2016 at 9:48 PM

Dear Serene,
      Thanks for your compliment. The living hall carpentry costs $6.7K. You can see the breakdown in this post. IMO, the carpentry cost from my ID is on the higher side as compared to the other IDs that we’ve seen previously. However, we find that the quality of their materials and works are good. Plus they provide lifetime guarantee too. Our renovation was completed on schedule with proper follow-up from our ID. I feel that they did a great job. 🙂

Kok Yong Chung
    September 14, 2016 at 6:27 AM

Hi Emily thank you so much for sharing. We also got our balcony grass turf done by absolut outdoors upon seeing your articles on balcony decking. By the way would you be able to provide some details on your outdoor blinds too?

September 14, 2016 at 5:11 PM

Hi Kok Yong,
      My outdoor blind is done by the same contractor as my indoor blind.

However, I don’t really recommend my outdoor blind – which is why I didn’t blog about it. We thought that outdoor blind is not that important, thus we chose a low budget one. We paid total $1,800 for both balconies – living hall balcony and master bedroom. The cost is the cheapest among all the quotes that I get. But as time goes by, I find that the outdoor blind rattles badly in strong wind. I’m always worried that they might fall apart one day. *touch wood*

In short, my outdoor blind is a low budget type – quality may not be as good but pretty affordable. This is where I got my indoor & outdoor blinds from:

WinUs Blinds
      Marina Square Shopping Mall
      6 Raffles Boulevard
      Unit #03-301
      Singapore 039594
      Website: http://winusblinds.com/

Blogging takes hours, commenting takes minutes. Thanks for comments & encouragement.