Well, this is my final post on Tangalooma Island Resort. If you missed my earlier posts, please click HERE to read them.
After a long day at play, what we really need is a nice and sumptuous dinner. So, this post is all about the yummy food that we had at Tangalooma Island Resort.
There are four restaurants at this resort where guests can enjoy their meals:
- Tursiops Buffet Restaurant: It offers great value buffet dining from breakfast, lunch to dinner.
- Beach House Rotunda Restaurant: This is our favourite restaurant among the four! It’s a fine dining delight, located on the beach frontage, overlooking the pristine waters of Moreton Bay. It caters for both indoor and outdoor dining. I love to sit outdoor; it’s really a delight to dine while enjoying the cool sea breeze and fantastic sea view.
- Beach Cafe: From light meals such as pizzas, burgers and chips, to seafood platters, spaghetti and more, there are a variety of tasty dishes to choose from at the Beach Café.
- The Coffee Shop: For light breakfast or tea breaks, guests can enjoy yummy hot pies, cakes, ice-cream, sandwiches and hot drinks here.
I’m not a food blogger, so I do not know what’s the best word to describe how delicious the food is. So, I’ll let the pictures do the talking.
Tursiops Buffet Restaurant
Beach House Rotunda Restaurant (must try!)
Finally, here are some travel tips to share with you. If you’re travelling to Tangalooma free and easy, I hope that these tips will be useful to you.
1. Book your tours in advance at the Tours Desk, Tangatours, Tangalooma Water Sports, Tangalooma Helicopter Service (for helicopter rides) and Marine Education & Conservation Centre (for dolphin-feeding).
2. You can rent an Optus Wireless Broadband Modem from the Reception for just $10 per day if you need to connect to your laptop. There is also an internet café in front of the Main Bar if you wish to access the internet during your stay. For me, I bought a pre-paid SIM card from the airport so that I can get connected anytime.
3. On the last day of your stay, do check the luggage collection times from the Reception. Get a blue tag from the Reception for your luggage. Leave your luggage outside your room before the collection time; you don’t need to carry it to the boat.
4. If you like to join the cruises and worried about sea sickness, please standby sea sickness pills (available at Guardian). I took a pill half an hour before the cruise, and I survived the three-hour cruise without vomiting.
5. The Australian 3-pin power outlet is different from ours, so don’t forget to bring a socket adaptor.
6. Lastly, don’t forget to check your tour photos at the Tangalooma Photo Shop before you leave the resort.
Here’s a chance to win a 2N stay at Tangalooma Island Resort at Gold Coast Australia! Contest ends 30 Sep 2013. Find out more from Chan Brothers Travel Facebook Page.
Disclosure: This trip is sponsored by Chan Brothers Travel. All opinions are honest and are my own.