In The Sunday Times yesterday, there is a very interesting write-up on how much parents spend on the first month to start-off their children’s education at Primary One. The average is about $800. Is this an acceptable figure or too expensive? I’m not sure.
Using the same method, I’m going to calculate our little master’s first month expenses at pre-nursery.
- Transportation: $0 (We will drive him to school)
- Pocket money for recess: $0 (Food is provided by the school)
- Haircut: $10
- Shoes: $0 (Use existing shoes)
- School Bag: $25
- Water Bottle: $10
- Uniform: $60 (Two sets of uniforms & two sets of PE attires)
- Fees: $500 (per term)
- Worksheets and materials: $200 (per year)
- Enrichment Classes: $0 (No enrichment class at the moment)
- Grand Total: $805.00
How amazing! The total also comes up to about $800.
This is Little Edison in his uniform. Obviously, he still doesn’t like to wear this uniform.