When I read about this product for the first time in Cindy’s blog, I was so tempted to try it. But unfortunately, it was not available in Singapore at that time.
A week ago, I read about it again on Today newspaper. Hada Labo is launching its products in Singapore finally, and exclusively at Watsons stores. The name of the product that I’m interested is Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion. Wow, what a long name!
For a quick introduction, here are some quick facts about this renowned Japanese skincare brand:
1. Its star product, Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion, is so popular in Japan that a bottle is sold in every four seconds!
2. It is developed by Rhoto-Mentholatum, a pharmaceutical company that specializes in eye medication.
Here is how I use this lotion:
1. Sprinkle 3 – 4 drops onto my palm. Apply the lotion onto my face using my fingers (without using facial cotton). Some users reported that they only use 2 drops.
2. Gently pat my skin using the palms of my hands, starting from my cheeks, forehead, chin and finally my nose.
3. At this point, it does feel a little sticky (but not to worry).
4. Keep patting until the lotion is fully absorbed into the skin.
5. My skin feels so moisturized and dewy when the lotion is fully absorbed.
6. Follow-up with my moisturizer. Sometimes, I skip the moisturizer and I apply my make-up base straight away.
This product really promises an instantly hydrated, soft, supple and silky smooth skin.
Watch this short video for the application technique. Seriously, you really don’t have to slap your face so hard, like what the model did in the video. Just a light patting will do. The texture of this lotion is slightly viscous, not as watery as our toner. Thus, it takes a little while to dry completely on our skin.
Some users in the forum commented that they feel stickiness on their face during the application. Well, yes, it can be quite sticky when it is still wet. That’s why we need to pat in on our face so that it can be absorbed thoroughly. When it dries up, it feels just nice – not sticky anymore!
What’s good about this lotion? It has no additives, colorants, fragrance or mineral oil, it is very moisturizing and best of all, it is very affordable too ($22.90).
What’s not-so-good about this lotion? It takes a slightly longer time to absorb.
If you are already using this lotion, let me know how you feel about this product. I love to hear from you!