This post has been kept in a draft mode for more than a month, and finally, I managed to complete it tonight. Phew!
During the March term break, I brought Edison to Penang to visit my brother. At the same time, I went back to Ipoh to visit my parents and sister. Edison was extremely excited to see his cousins again.
One of the places that we visited in Penang was the Adventure Zone. It’s located at the Golden Sands Resort in Batu Feringgi. Adventure Zone is a unique family entertainment venue for children and adults.
It’s really huge! The area is 10,300 sq ft, fully air-conditioned with exciting giant slides and multiple sections of modular play equipments. Children will definitely have an amazing time here, and even the adults can experience some thrills on the speed slides.
The highlight of this playground is the three giant slides. They offer a very high level of enjoyment and thrills for children as well as adults.
- The Hyperglide Astra Slide (rightmost – orange/yellow/green) is great for young children. They need to slide down using a mat and it is super fun. The kids love this slide the most.
- The Double Drop Slide (leftmost – blue) is good for braver children and younger teens. They will slide down into a ball pit.
- The Demon Drop Slide (center – red) is a 24 ft vertical drop which is challenging for all ages. It’s indeed very scary, I don’t even dare to try it myself.
Other facilities include a multi-purpose reception, retail and snack counter, Toddler Zone, child-friendly restrooms, and a café serving light snacks and beverages.
Overall, the place is very clean and well-maintained. Although the admission fee is slightly expensive, I think it’s worth every cent for hours of fun for the entire family.
- COST: RM33 per child for a 2-hour session for non-resort guest. Free entry for parents of paying children.
- OTHER INFO: Socks must be worn in the facility. Long sleeve shirts must be worn when using any of the slides.
- WEBSITE: Golden Sands Resort Adventure Zone