Taiwan Travel

Taiwan Free and Easy Itinerary – 8D7N Summer Vacation

TW Itinerary

Many readers asked for my 8 days 7 nights Taiwan free and easy itinerary, so I’ve decided to share it here today. I’m sorry for losing the momentum to blog about my Taiwan summer vacation back in June 2015. I’ll attempt to pick it up again from where I left few months ago.

First off, my 8D7N Taiwan itinerary is as follow:

Day 1: Arrive at Taipei > Check-in to XinBeiTou Hot Spring > Visit Taipei 101 Observatory > Dinner at Shilin Night Market

Day 2: Take HSR to Kaohsiung > Check-in to E-Da Royal Hotel > Shopping and Dinner at E-DA Outlet Mall

Day 3: E-DA Theme Park > Take HSR to Taichung > Check-in La Vida Hotel > Shopping and Dinner at Fengjia Night Market

Day 4: Taichung city tour > Visit Xinfeng Farm, Ah Liang Mushroom Garden, Lavender Cottage, Bai-Leng Watercourse, Annie’s Garden, Summit Resort, Carton King Restaurant > Back to La Vida Hotel (via driver)

Day 5: Drive to Cingjing (via driver) > Visit King Garden, Taiwan Paper, Feeling 18C, The Old England, Green Green Grassland > Check-in to Dreamtown Minsu > Steamboat dinner at Dreamtown Minsu

Day 6: Visit Swiss Garden at Cingjing > Drive to Taipei (via driver) > Check-in to Simple Plus Hotel

Day 7: Visit New Taipei City (via driver) > 南雅奇岩、黃金瀑布、陰陽海、十三層遺址、黃金博物園區、九份老街、十分瀑布、十分鐵道放天燈、菁桐車站、波麗士電子天燈 > Back to Simple Plus Hotel

Day 8: Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall > Taipei Zoo > Check-out from Simple Plus Hotel > Departure at Taipei

We engaged two drivers to bring us around Taichung, Cingjing and New Taipei City. Both of them are very nice, friendly, experienced and took great care of us. We highly recommend them. I attached their name cards here, they can be easily contacted via LINE or Whatsapp.

You can also book discounted Private Car Charter for Taipei from Klook starting from just S$92.00.

Driver Contact

Recommended For You

12 comments

Tan December 11, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Can you recommend how i should plan for 4D3N with 3 small kids (4-7 yrs)? EDA theme park inclusive..

Emily December 14, 2015 at 5:18 PM

Hi Tan,
If you’re planning to visit E-DA theme park and stay there, I would recommend that you stay for two days. EDA Royal Hotel is very big. Your kids will enjoy the facilities there – swimming pool, kids playroom, etc. At night, you can bring them to try out the ferris wheel.

Dawn May 1, 2016 at 2:08 PM

Emily,

Did your boy enjoy the HK disneyland trip more or Taiwan trip? Did you have to spend a lot on the land transport (hiring personal driver to bring your family around? )

Emily May 2, 2016 at 3:48 PM

Hi Dawn,
Personally, I will choose Hong Kong over Taiwan. My boy has been to HK twice and he enjoyed Disneyland very much too. Taiwan is a different “type” of vacation. He experienced more Chinese cultural activities in Taiwan as compared to modern Hong Kong. We spent ~TWD16,000 for 4-5 days of driver service in Taiwan.

Maria December 2, 2016 at 1:54 PM

Do the drivers you engage speak good English? And May I know why you engage 2 different drivers? Do they happen to be based in different cities?

Emily December 4, 2016 at 9:06 AM

Dear Maria,
Both drivers couldn’t speak English. You are right, I engaged two drivers because they worked in different cities.

Maria December 19, 2016 at 2:16 PM

Do you happen to know if both drivers can speak simplified Chinese? like the Chinese we commonly use in Singapore? haha I am so hopeless. My Chinese is not good :p

Emily December 21, 2016 at 11:18 PM

Dear Maria,
Most Taiwanese are able to read simplified Chinese, as far as I know. I communicated with both drivers on Whatsapp before my trip. I used simplied Chinese, they could understand. But when they replied in traditional Chinese, I had problem understanding. Haha!

Yvaine March 5, 2017 at 2:32 PM

May i know which driver is based in Taichung?
Thank you.

Emily March 6, 2017 at 8:46 AM

Hi Yvaine,
Mr Yang is based in Taichung. His name card is the one right side (the one with the car picture). =)

Ling July 2, 2019 at 11:26 AM

Hi, Emily,
I came across your blog when I was planning for my Taiwan trip. Your blog provided a lot useful infor on Taichung Tour. Most importantly, I would like Thank you for your recommendation of the Driver Mr Yang. We hired him for our 6 days Taiwan trip. He is a honest and sincere guy. His quotation is reasonable ( I asked for a few quotations from other drivers too). He was very helpful (he helped us get cheaper tickets to ????????????He also helped to bargain the price down for the ??????. He is knowledgeable and would talk a lot about the history and stories of the places we visited or drove by. Best thing is that he wont drive us to those shops where they normally provide commissions to drivers who bring in the tourists. Thanks again for the great recommendation!

Emily July 2, 2019 at 11:42 AM

Hi Ling,
Thank you for your lovely comment. I’m very happy to hear that you have a great trip with Mr Yang. It’s been so long, I can’t remember his face anymore (I think I still have a picture that we took with him). Yeah, he’s very friendly and nice. I recalled that we went up to CingJing on a public holiday in Taiwan. All the accommodations were fully booked and poor Mr Yang had to sleep in his car that night. But he didn’t complain.