Gold Coast is known for many fun things. From walking along the gorgeous beaches, watching the whales, going on a hot air balloon and exploring the wild life to having fun at the theme parts, there are plenty to do in Gold Coast.
Here are some of the places that we’ve been to in Gold Coast. I’m too lazy to write a lengthy blog post now, so here’s a summarized version in point form.
- Watch the dolphin show
- See the polar bear, shark, seal and penguin
- Ride the Sky High Skyway
- See the Dora’s Best Friend Adventure show
- Have fun at the SpongeBob ParadePants with stunning water displays
- See the Madagascar Live! Prepare to Party show
- Have fun and enjoyable rides at Wriggles World
- Hand-feed the kangaroos
- See the Australian Wild Life – crocodiles, wombats, koalas
- Visit the Tiger Island
Warner Bros Movie World
- Experience the Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs 4D show
- Check out the exciting Hollywood Stunt Driver Show
- Ride the Road Runner Rollercoaster
- Meet the Batman and Scooby Doo for photo-taking
- Watch the Star Parade with favourite stars and Super Heroes
Paradise Country Aussie Farm
- Cuddle a koala
- Hand-feed the kangaroos
- Watch the sheep shearing show
- Be amazed at the stunts of the Australian Stockhorse Show
- See lots of farm animals – ponies, horses, donkeys, cows, sheeps and dogs
SkyPoint Observation Deck
- Enjoy the stunning views of the Gold Coast’s golden beaches and city scape from 77 storeys atop the iconic Q1 tower
The Gold Coast is famous for fun, and I fully agree. Hope to be back again soon.
Read more travel posts from Australia!
The boy woke up this morning feeling terribly excited. And I asked him.
Me: Why there is no school today?
Ed: It’s the school holiday today! *Eyes beaming with joy*
Me: Yes, and where are we going today?
Ed: To Gold Coast! What time are we going to the airport?
Me: After dinner, boy. We need to start packing up now.
He asked me a lot about Gold Coast for the past few days. This is also my first trip to Gold Coast and I’m feeling very excited too. My work is killing me these days, so I can’t wait to take a break from work.
Photo Credit: Tangalooma
We booked our free and easy package through Chan Brothers. We are going to stay at Tangalooma Wild Dolphin Resort on Moreton Island for 3 nights, and then at Surfer’s Paradise for 5 nights. We’re going to experience something new like dolphin-feeding, whale watching, 4WD safari sand adventure and helicopter joy ride at Tangalooma.
Yes, helicopter joy ride! The boy was like, “Are you sure I can go up the helicopter and fly?” It sounds like too much thrill for him to handle.
When we get to Gold Coast, it will be the crazy theme park visits. He’s going to have a lot of rides and roller coasters. We’ll try to visit the farm if time permits.
I’ll try to post pictures of our trip on my Facebook Page and Instagram. Do follow us on our adventures!
And I’m off packing now. Have a great week ahead, and enjoy the school holidays next week!
So, our trip to Gold Coast has been confirmed now. Yay! We’ll be going there for 9 days during the September school holidays.
I managed to convince V not to go on package tour. I’ve been on package tour twice to Japan and China. I experienced the same ‘rush factor’ and the inconvenience from travelling in a big group. Moreover, this time we’re travelling with a kid in tow who takes his own sweet time to eat and walk. I can’t imagine how many times I have to repeat “hurry up” if we’re going on package tour.
Once the decision was made, we’ve been frantically searching for hotels and planning for our itinerary. After three late nights, our itinerary is almost completed now and it includes:
- Tangalooma Island Resort
- Sea World
- Dream World
- King Tutt’s Putt Putt
- Lunch River Cruise
- Surfers Paradise Beachfront Markets
- Pacific Fair
- Harbour Town Outlet
- Paradise Country Farm
- Centro Surfers Paradise
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
We’re still undecided whether to stay in a hotel or apartment, and whether we’re going to self-drive or take the public transport. I can’t wait to take a break from work and have some family bonding time.
If you have any recommendations, please drop me a comment. I love to hear from you!